The Entrepreneur Shit!

Permit me to use the word "shit" as I sincerely hope not to offend your sensibilities. A notification popped on my laptop, notifying me of an event hosted by Founders Institute that I needed to register for at www.fi.co
Trust me, since it had to do with meeting the CEO of SimplePay, Mr. Simeon Ononobi and the CEO of Tsaboin (The traffic app that seriously gist's us on traffic in Lagos) Mr. Dele Odufuye, at a Superb location Savoy Suites, G.R.A Ikeja, Why not! I noted it on my calendar and made it there.

Funny enough, as privileged meetings go, it was for the Exclusive "we" and that is where my shenanigans start. It was quite amazing to see the passion, discipline and focus written on these men faces as they narrated their experience, Thank God they didn't tell stories else....else what? I would have still sat there. As, I was saying, they spoke about how they Pitched their ideas, got funding and the pitfalls of a bad pitch. 

As they spoke, the entrepreneur spirit in me that I was desperately trying to bury, began to laugh as she resuscitated herself. Gosh, I really wanted to kill her because she never lets me Sleep! And i guess that's the idea of being an entrepreneur. Keeping the spirit high, not on weed though but on aspirations and hope, tenacity and willpower, and most importantly Action.

The question I asked myself after the event which I believe you need to ask yourself is: How prepared AM I? Do I have what it takes in terms of Know-how, Character, Business savviness and all the shit that accompanies being an Entrepreneur? Well you could better prepare yourself by taking a Daystar Leadership Academy class, join a school that prunes and grooms entrepreneurs (www.fi.co) and start something pleaseeeee!

I leave you this video to help inspire you and refuel that passion to create solutions, redefine Nigeria and put money in your pockets -did you think I would forget the money part? Haba!

And if you want to share your thoughts personally with me, I am eagerly waiting. Don't forget to repost, retweet, like and comment. Thank you and do have a splendid day. Thank God Its Monday

BOOK OF THE WEEK

 

 Please download your copy on the Link below

Wisdom for a Young CEO by Douglas Barry

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DARK TIMES

Women were born LAZY! (African women especially!)

ADELE: Finally we reach house!