SHE WASN”T WOMAN – SHE IS A MAN





Sometimes, I want to be hugged when am being silly and sad,
At times, I need to be flogged especially when I miss my dad,
The thickness of his laughter and the shrillness of his eyes
The excess love for his daughter, the experiments with creams of ice

The shadowy protection of his height and the nastiness of cheating lies
The frequency of their fight till mum of the house took flight
The soul of matrimony pictures now dead
And the love story leaves me confounded

The first night without her was horror filled
With replays of mom’s face, tear filled
And the new glasses she now did wear
For the sunlight she could no longer bear

No advocate to plead her case
For her parents lives within heaven’s gate
No flower in the center vase
For our home was long gone with fate

In pains, we saw her a year later
Sunken and emaciated
And the hatred for injustice grew greater
Drunk in helplessness, am a kid decapitated

And the welfare officer in sympathy cried
A holiday for a month – on his blood, he made it through
Hours beside her was heaven
But terror came at night in dreams

A replay of events before
Of the pictures of love on the floor shattered
And the blood stream that eased from her nose
The red stained eyes that needed glasses
The swollen lips in need of a warm massage
The boxing ring that was my home
And the victim who always is her

A recap played that night as I slept
Of the congregations of in-laws that threw her out
In native curses, beatings and shout
I knew not when in my dreams I wept

But I awoke and our tears together calmed my fears
She wasn’t a woman
She was a man

On the road to work by six
I finally ended class six
Days of hunger came
But her loving smile made them lame

On and off, was her struggle
She came out victorious out of the rubble
No male to pour her heart to
No arms to put her cold away

She became her own husband too
And feeling of wants she still keeps away
The Eve with no Adam she was
And on and on goes the buzz

She wasn’t a woman
She was a man

I tell of a princess that was lost
In all consuming eternal bond
With that man who sired me
In a contract of marriage bliss

I tell of the intelligence that was shown
When no other man was known
And the vision of that knowledge
That made us who we would become.

She wasn’t a woman
She was a man

Father at day; mother at noon
And the both at night

She stands tall where no man can
Her voice thundering high in achievements
The resilience so daunting
The menace of her will power
The ferociousness of her love
And that flowing river of forgiveness

She wasn’t a woman
She was a man

And now that he come begging
Still in sympathy, her open arms wait
Opening up that reserved loving
Is she actually sane?

To the woman who forsook all
To the woman who in my heart forever stands tall
To the epitome of godliness
Integrity and comeliness
To the woman who forever is a Mother
My mother
SHE WASN’T A WOMAN
SHE IS A MAN

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DARK TIMES

Women were born LAZY! (African women especially!)

ADELE: Finally we reach house!